As featured on
A sea of purple silently washed over Downtown Flushing’s street last week on the first day of Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
Dozens participated in the 24th annual Silent March Against Domestic Violence Oct. 1 to honor survivors of gender-based abuse. Officers from the 109th Precinct escorted the marchers through traffic, as participants handed onlookers information packets loaded with hotline numbers, shelter addressed and other resources for those suffering from domestic violence.
- Oldest Little Neck restaurant closes
- Supermarket could replace Stop&Shop
- 106th officers caught in prostitution sting
- Joe Addabbo Sr., public servant, son of Ozone Park
- Singh fights to flip red seat to blue
- Advocates call for LIRR discounts across Queens
- Halloween already here in Little Neck
- Little Neck Stop & Shop to close Oct. 14
- Fox will launch new weather app Oct. 25
- Conigliaro wants a change in CD 29