As featured on
For over a month, students at the Louis Armstrong Middle School, IS 227, prepared for their Breast Cancer Awareness Walk-A-Thon. With the help of teacher Anna Tinoco, at top center with Principal Helen Ponella, they created posters and collected donations for the American Cancer Society. Together with staff, they raised more than $1,500.
The school’s goal was to help give children a voice and set up opportunities that will allow them to begin to make decisions about causes that are becoming important to them.
- MS-13 gang charged with multiple murders
- Beaches will open for Memorial Day, but not in NYC (updated)
- Porn star’s beloved wood getting axed
- More closed streets opened in Queens
- Cooper shelter will stay at 120 residents
- No swimming, no shopping, no relief
- 109th Pct. officer allegedly kills friend
- Fatal stabbing, shooting
- Staying safe in FoHi
- Brooklyn diocese starts limited church openings May 26