As featured on
More than 30 years ago, the Elmhurst station of the Long Island Rail Road’s Port Washington branch was closed and razed. Earlier this decade, residents and elected officials made a push to rebuild it.
Officials garnered enough traction to get the MTA to begin funding the station but the effort may have been put off just as quickly as it began.
- MS-13 gang charged with multiple murders
- Beaches will open for Memorial Day, but not in NYC (updated)
- Porn star’s beloved wood getting axed
- More closed streets opened in Queens
- Cooper shelter will stay at 120 residents
- Arrest in fatal Queens Village stabbing
- No swimming, no shopping, no relief
- Fatal stabbing, shooting
- 109th Pct. officer allegedly kills friend
- Staying safe in FoHi