Queens’ Burmese population celebrated the cultural New Year with food, dance and a customary recognition of the elderly individuals in the community Sunday at IS 5 in Elmhurst.
Sunday afternoon, a celebration of the Thai New Year took place at Elmhurst Hospital.
The event for “Songkran Day,” co-organized by City Councilman Danny Dromm (D-Jackson Heights), Wat Buddha Thai Thavorn Vanaram temple and the Royal Thai Consul General Pornpong Kanittanon, included a traditional water ceremony, dances, food and music.
- Man attacked woman with ‘large rock:’ NYPD
- Conn. man indicted for LIE dirt biker’s death
- Chipotle opens new spot on Archer Ave.
- Men failed Ocean’s 11-type heist: DA
- Howard Blech! Smell has residents worried
- We need a new direction for schools
- De Blasio proposes school year-round
- Jamaica Bay site restored and reinforced
- Rock-wielding man attacks woman: NYPD
- Earnest Foods supermarket opens big