As featured on
After more than a decade of advocacy from community leaders and residents, the city has installed a new traffic light at the northern entrance to Broad Channel, located at First Road and Cross Bay Boulevard.
The new signal is designed to calm traffic in the area, making the intersection safer for the children who visit the Broad Channel Athletic Club, which sits across from the Callahead sanitation company warehouse on the other side of the street. Advocates raised alarms over the hazards that parents faced as they turned across Cross Bay Boulevard to enter the BCAC ball field.
- Poison, water, knife killed babies: DA
- CUNY’s fall reopening: a work in progress
- Mask mandate leads to LASIK surgery rise
- ‘This is going to be the summer of NYC’
- D20 candidates land on wide spectrum
- Suozzi moves slightly deeper into Queens
- Mayoral candidates to talk Southeast Queens
- The Wolf(f) of sports memorabilia: How a man turned a hobby into a dream career
- SUV kills scooter driver, smashes through Astoria outdoor seating
- Fire building unsafe; rehab work underway