As featured on
Seven candidates so far have entered the field to succeed Queens’ only Republican councilman, Eric Ulrich (R-Ozone Park), who will be term-limited out of office at the end of 2021 — including four new entries since the Chronicle last updated the state of the race in July.
Since then, young paralegal Shaeleigh Severino, filmmaker and community arts advocate Ruben Cruz, former teacher Helal Sheikh and Community Board 9 Chairman Kenichi Wilson have all registered to run for the seat with the Campaign Finance Board.
- Bayside staple dies suddenly at age 50
- DHS announces shelter in Briarwood
- Astoria swinger's club busted for 80-person party
- A homeless vet in Queens: Where is he this holiday?
- Conservative talker Dan Bongino was in Middle Village
- Blaz sees new ban on indoor dining
- Carranza receives 3 CEC votes of no confidence
- Food drives abound in South Queens
- Tenants protest Queens landlord
- Blackthorn 51 closes its doors in Elmhurst