Registration is open for free summer tennis lessons.
New York Junior Tennis and Learning is offering free community tennis lessons to kids ages 5 through 18 across Queens:
• JHS 194, at 154-60 17 Ave. in Whitestone, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.;
• PS 205, at 75-25 Bell Blvd. in Bayside, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.;
• Bayswater Park, at Bay 32nd Street and Beach Channel Drive, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.;
• Charles Park in Howard Beach, at 98-01 165 Ave., from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m; and
• IS 20, at 36-41 28 St. in Long Island City, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Summer Tennis programs began the week of July 5th and will conclude Aug. 20 or Aug. 27.
Lessons are usually 1 to 1.5 hours in length, and children should not be dropped off. All equipment is provided free of charge to use on-site.
There are no capacity limits — no one is ever rejected or turned away, subject to scheduling.
For more information or to register, visit nyjtl.org.