As featured on
Borough President Donovan Richards officially declared Oct. 1 Tina Charles and Dalilah Muhammad Day in Queens while on the steps of Borough Hall in Kew Gardens last Friday.
“The Queens of Queens,” as Councilwoman Adrienne Adams (D-Jamaica) called the World’s Borough natives, who took home Olympic medals from Tokyo this year and were given proclamations from Richards in front of student athletes from their alma maters, Cardozo High School in Bayside and Christ the King High School in Middle Village. The Metro Eagles Track and Field Club members who train at Roy Wilkins Park in St. Albans, the same place that the track star, Muhammad, practiced with the NOVAS Track Club, were also in attendance.
- Sewer contractor allegedly dumping
- Meng introduces bill to expand SNAP
- Hochul, James renew SALT cap repeal talks
- With video: E-biker shoots at speed camera in Howard Beach
- Neptune to close? Owner says ‘not yet’
- Cases may have hit their peak for NYC
- Eviction moratorium set to expire Jan. 15
- College Pointer on Wheel
- Catalytic converter theft on rise: NYPD
- Unemployment in Queens still high