As featured on
New York City formally recognized the contributions of the Guyanese community in Queens last Saturday with the long-requested co-naming of the intersection of Lefferts Boulevard and Liberty Avenue as Little Guyana Avenue.
The stretch of Liberty Avenue from Woodhaven Boulevard to the Van Wyck Expressway has been known as Little Guyana for decades. At the ultimate stop of the elevated A train at the Lefferts Boulevard station, where the new street sign is located, the neighborhood abounds in Indo-Caribbean bakeries, outdoor produce markets and many other Guyanese businesses.
- Oldest Little Neck restaurant closes
- Hochul signs the Less is More Act
- Bridging Forest Park from north to south
- Singh fights to flip red seat to blue
- Outrage and action following Gifted & Talented announcement
- Halloween already here in Little Neck
- Little Neck Stop & Shop to close Oct. 14
- Missing man found dead in Oakland Lake
- Cops seek man who stabbed woman
- Fox will launch new weather app Oct. 25