As featured on
Statistics from the first three quarters of 2019 showed a slight decrease in overall crime in Queens parks when compared to the same time frame in 2018, but a sudden spike from October to December confirms that crime is on an upward trajectory.
According to newly released NYPD statistics, the total index crimes — murder, rape, robbery, felony assault, burglary, grand larceny and grand larceny of a vehicle — throughout city parks rose by 3.8 percent between 2018 and 2019. Queens parks index crimes saw a 9.5 percent increase for the year.
- MS-13 gang charged with multiple murders
- Beaches will open for Memorial Day, but not in NYC (updated)
- Porn star’s beloved wood getting axed
- More closed streets opened in Queens
- Cooper shelter will stay at 120 residents
- Arrest in fatal Queens Village stabbing
- Fatal stabbing, shooting
- No swimming, no shopping, no relief
- 109th Pct. officer allegedly kills friend
- Staying safe in FoHi