As featured on
A high school sports coach often has to be a trainer, parent, guidance counselor, motivator and therapist all rolled into one.
Joel Ascher, who led August Martin High School’s girls basketball team to 12 city championships and four state titles, was just that, and beloved by his players.
- MS-13 gang charged with multiple murders
- Porn star’s beloved wood getting axed
- Cooper shelter will stay at 120 residents
- ‘I’d consider giving her a ... throat punch’
- More closed streets opened in Queens
- Brooklyn diocese starts limited church openings May 26
- Beaches will open for Memorial Day, but not in NYC (updated)
- No swimming, no shopping, no relief
- Surfing and wading, but not swimming, allowed at NYC beaches
- 3-K for All held back one year in Dist. 29