As featured on
On the same schoolyard basketball courts where he grew up, Royal Ivey — an all-city champion at Benjamin Cardozo High School, with a decade in the NBA with the Philadelphia 76ers and the Oklahoma City Thunder among others, now an assistant coach with the New York Knicks — returned for his long-running basketball camp.
Ivey, far right in blue, has sponsored and directed the three-day camp for neighborhood kids in Hollis since his first year in the pro ranks.
- MS-13 gang charged with multiple murders
- Porn star’s beloved wood getting axed
- More closed streets opened in Queens
- Cooper shelter will stay at 120 residents
- Beaches will open for Memorial Day, but not in NYC (updated)
- ‘I’d consider giving her a ... throat punch’
- No swimming, no shopping, no relief
- 109th Pct. officer allegedly kills friend
- Fatal stabbing, shooting
- Staying safe in FoHi