As featured on
Forty-three to eight. That is how people in the City Council voted on Resolution 121, which calls on the state Legislature and governor to approve the Clean Slate Act, a bill that would automatically seal conviction records after someone has completed a sentence and is off probation or parole while not incurring any new charges or convictions after three years (misdemeanor) or seven years (felonies). Sex offenses do not apply.
Differences in opinion are stark.
- Going gets rough in Rufus King Park
- Hirsch dead in suicide
- Activists, residents reject NYCFC stadium
- Juniper track finish line is now in sight
- Taking out the trash? You may need to wait.
- Mass tire slashing hits Bayside
- OP hotel reopens as a family shelter
- A bad situation on 156th made worse
- Willets Point could be home to NYCFC arena
- Common ground in the 115th Precinct