As featured on
After generous donations from NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens and the school’s alumni, St. Francis Preparatory School built a new state-of-the-art anatomy and biology lab this summer, and celebrated with a ribbon-cutting ceremony Friday, Dec. 13.
The upgraded lab lies below a Hippocrates quote: “Wherever the art of medicine is loved, there is also a love of humanity.” The room is filled with new desks and equipment, and includes an “operating room,” with an anatomage table. The anatomy visualization system allows students to perform virtual surgery on human and animal cadavers, as well as use clinical diagnostic tools.
- Virus claims adored TMLA asst. principal
- Cemeteries, funeral homes and COVID-19
- Queens is in the red zone
- History maker Joe Brostek dies at 87
- Jamaica Ave. feels coronavirus sting
- Track suspends racing, sets up test site
- Temporary hospital coming to Aqueduct
- Beloved pet slain by an unleashed animal
- ‘They dedicated their lives to serving the public’
- Howard Beach teachers miss their ‘families’