As featured on
After all but two Community Board 11 members on Monday voted to oppose the placement of a high school at the former site of the Bayside Jewish Center, Councilman Paul Vallone (D-Bayside) reversed his position on the plan and announced he will stand against it when it comes to a vote in the City Council.
“As a result of last night’s most recent Community Board 11 decision, we will stand in opposition to this site, despite the Community Board’s repeated requests for a specialized high school in the district for nearly a decade,” Vallone said in a written statement sent out on Tuesday.
- WITH VIDEO: Police seeking alleged sex abuser
- Connecticut man arrested in Ozone Park shooting that left one dead
- Man shot in Maspeth
- Three dead as fire tears through South Richmond Hill homes
- South Richmond Hill fire takes three lives
- The end of Kessel run in Forest Hills
- Astoria Music Collective sets the scene
- Paladino in hot water after tweets on drag
- Is District 19 against drag in NYC schools?
- Queens goes to the polls on June 28