(StatePoint) Your house serves as a safe haven from whipping winds during the long chill of winter. When the days are short and the nights are long, making your rooms warmer and more inviting can brighten the mood of the whole house.
Combat winter blues by creating comfy days this winter with these tips from the experts at Sun Products, the makers of Snuggle fabric softener:
• Breakfast in Bed: It may feel decadent, but breakfast in bed is the perfect way to stay cozy as you get the day started.
• Movie Night: Set aside a night each week to snuggle up on the couch for movie night. Be sure your family room or living room is decked out with plenty of pillows and just-washed throw blankets. Put some popcorn on the stove for a piping hot treat.
• Build a Fort: Looking for a fun family activity? Build a fort using snuggly soft sheets. Play a board game or work on a puzzle in your cozy fort.
• Fireplace: Get the fireplace going and have a “campfire” in your living room, complete with marshmallows and sing-alongs. Make sure the kids have their favorite teddy bears to cuddle up with for when you tell scary stories!
• Soften up: Create comfier rooms all around the house by giving your fabrics a touch of softness. Treat sheets, linens, blankets and other laundry with a fabric softener. Extend the cozy feeling of a hot shower by wrapping up in soft, fluffy fresh-scented towels and robes.
To put a good mood in the air, look for a fabric softener with a long-lasting scent and freshness. For example, Snuggle Exhilarations comes in five fragrance combinations, such as white lavender and sandalwood and wild orchid and vanilla, that last from wash to wash.
• Make soup: Nothing is more hearty and fulfilling then a big bowl of soup in winter. Make a big batch of healthy soup at the start of the week and serve it as a side all week long.
More tips on creating cuddly days in winter can be found at www.facebook.com/snuggle.
With a bit of care, you can stay warm and cozy all winter long at home.
Photo Credit: (c) Monkey Business - Shutterstock.com