The Police Department is seeking help in finding a suspect who is known to be responsible for a string of bank robberies in various Queens neighborhoods.
The known suspect is said to be a male, 30 to 35 years old, medium complexion, 6 feet tall with a 200- pound frame. He is wanted for two attempted robberies and five completed robberies occurring in 2012 and 2014.
The suspect entered a series of banks that includes Chase, HSBC, Amalgamated and Santander. After entering the banks, he passed a note to the teller, displayed a firearm on two occasions, and had a mobile phone to his ear. There are no reported injuries as a result of the incidents.
Below is a list of the incidents:
• Incident 1: (115 Pct.) On July 17, 2012 at 3 p.m. inside Amalgamated Bank at 78-01 37 Ave, in Jackson Heights., The suspect fled with $1,480.
• Incident 2: (104 Pct.) On Aug. 10, 2012 at 5:50 p.m. inside Chase Bank at 74-03 Metropolitan Ave. in Middle Village. He fled without any money after passing a demand note.
• Incident 3: (108 Pct.) On Aug. 20, 2012 at 12:52 p.m. inside HSBC Bank at 22-15 43 Ave. in Long Island City. He fled with $8,680.
• Incident 4: (114 Pct.) On Oct. 13, 2012 at 2 p.m. inside Chase Bank at 28-56 Steinway St. in Long Island City. He fled with $8,783.
• Incident 5: (115 Pct.) On Dec. 12, 2012 at 5:37 p.m. inside Chase Bank at 77-01 31 Ave. in East Elmhurst, he fled with $12,400.
• Incident 6: (115 Pct.) On June 7, 2014 at 2:40 p.m. inside Chase Bank at 77-01 31 Ave. in East Elmhurst, he fled with $3,098.
• Incident 7: (115 Pct.) On July 22, 2014 at 4:38 p.m. inside a Santander Bank at 89-01 Northern Blvd. in Jackson Heights, the suspect passed a demand note but did not receive any money.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1 (800) 577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit tips by logging onto nypdcrimestoppers.com, or by texting 274637 (CRIMES), then entering TIP577. All tips are strictly confidential.