The Marine Corps League Detatchment 240 North Shore Queens is continuously collecting personal care items and small food items to be sent to U.S. troops overseas.
Among the items needed are:
- Shaving cream and men’s and women’s razors; feminine hygiene products; deoderent for men and women and baby wipes;
- Flashlights and batteries;
- Travel-size toothbrushes, toothpaste and mouthwash; travel-size shampoo and hair conditioner; combs and brushes;
- Green socks, T-shirts and men’s and women’s underwear and shower shoes;
- Canned tuna, chicken and small, microwaveable containers of stew, pasta and other hot foods;
- Instant power drinks, iced tea, lemonade and other beverages;
- Tic-Tacs, hard candy and chewing gum; and
- hand and foot warmers.
Further information on collection sites and other details are available by contacting the Marine Corps League Detachment 240 North Shore Queens through Jim Seaman at firstname.lastname@example.org.