The District Council 9 Joint Apprenticeship and Training Fund is conducting a recruitment for 50 drywall-finisher apprentices from Dec. 27 through Jan. 10, or until its 500 applications have been distributed, whichever comes first.
Applications must be obtained in person from the DC 9 JAATF office at 45-15 36 St. in Long Island City from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays.
• be at least 18 years old;
• have a high school or General Educational Development diploma;
• be physically able to perform the work required, as determined by a self-evaluation and by a physical examination;
• sign an affidavit on the ability to perform the work of a drywall taper, which includes taping and finishing joints, measuring and cutting and moving objects up to 70 pounds, among other responsibilities;
• have a driver’s license; and
• read and understand English.
For further information, contact a state Department of Labor office or call DC 9 at (718) 937-7440.