A popular hot dog truck, in business for more than 30 years, went on fire Monday at a Mobil gas station in Bellerose.
Marie’s Hot Dogs truck had just pulled into the gas station at 252-02 Union Turnpike at about 10:30 a.m. when it burst into flames. Station attendants called the Fire Department, who extinguished the blaze.
Published reports say that employees at the gas station believe propane tanks in the rear of the truck may have exploded, causing the fire. The FDNY is still investigating.
No one was hurt. The truck could often be found outside Sears on the turnpike near Lakeville Road at the Lake Success Shopping Center.