The Maspeth Chamber of Commerce, Lions Club and Kiwanis Club held the great Grand Avenue Festival last Sunday, and what an event it was. Just some of the fun included:
• Lana Kontomaris, 6, enjoying cotton candy;
• Nicole Gerlak, 13, getting an air-brush tattoo on her arm;
• Tyler Delucia, 12, going to town on a Philly cheesesteak sandwich;
• Shane Callahan, 7, strutting through the bounce house;
• Maddie Debellis stuffing a cannoli at “Mamma’s Fresh Cannolis” stand;
• Olivia Johnson hitting the bullseye, breaking the water balloon on its clown victim;
• Jeanette and Joe Fuoco and their drummer rocking out;
• Olivia Falco and her soap bubble gun;
• the crowd; and
• Lions Club members Joe Papavero, left, Joe Papavero Jr., Joe Girppo and Manny Zirpoli cooking up their hot sausages.
If you missed the fair, don’t make that mistake again!