The Metropolitan Transportation Authority will operate all buses and subway trains on a Sunday schedule for the Labor Day holiday on Monday, Sept. 1.
Construction work at all MTA bridges and tunnels will be suspended beginning at 6 a.m. on Friday. Work will resume following the morning rush hour on Tuesday, Sept. 3.
The one exception is the Whitestone Bridge, where work will continue with a full-time lane closure in effect.
The Long Island Rail Road will add eight eastbound afternoon trains on Friday for those looking to get an early start on the three-day Labor Day weekend.
All times are for trains leaving Penn Station.
The Babylon branch will add:
• A 2:32 p.m. express to Lynbrook, which then will make all stops to Babylon;
• A 3 p.m. train to Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then all stops top Babylon, and:
• A 3:31 p.m. express to Rockville Centre and then all stops to Babylon.
The Port Jefferson branch will have:
• A 2:08 p.m. train stopping at Jamaica, Mineola then all stops to Huntington;
• A 2:29 p.m. departure stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica and New Hyde Park, followed by all stops through Huntington, and;
• A 3:24 p.m. with stops at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville.
The Port Washington branch will have a 3:40 train stopping at Woodside, Flushing-Main Street, and then all stops through Great Neck.
The Far Rockaway branch will have a 3:48 p.m. express to Locust Manor then all stops to Far Rockaway.
The LIRR will run on its regular weekend schedule on Saturday and Sunday, and on a holiday schedule on Monday.